KIDWELLY COTTAGE HOLIDAY LETTING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Firstly, we really hope you enjoy your stay at Kidwelly Cottage are T&Cs are designed to alleviate any grey areas and
to reassure our guests.
The below contract and agreement is made binding upon receipt of the initial deposit. This contract and all matters
arising out of it are governed by UK law.
1. Changes by you – Should you wish to make any changes to your booking you must notify us by email as soon as
possible. Whilst we will endeavour to assist, we cannot guarantee we will be able to meet the requests. Where we
can, the fee will be re-calculated accordingly.
2. Payment – At the time of booking you will need to make a payment via a bank transfer for £100 to secure your stay
at Kidwelly Cottage. This deposit is non-refundable in the event of cancellation. The remaining sum due is to be
paid 6 weeks before your holiday via bank transfer along with an additional sum of £100 as a security deposit against
damages. If damages are considered to have occurred, photographs will be taken and an email will be sent to notify
you and discuss the issue. If no damage has occurred the deposit will be returned up to two weeks after your stay. For
our overseas guests payment will be required through paypal additional fees may be incurred for transfers and
3. Cancellation by you –, The initial £100 deposit is non- refundable. Should you need to cancel your stay after the
contract has begun, the party leader must inform us as soon as possible in writing/email. Cancellation charges will
apply on top of the deposit if the cancellation is within the 4 weeks running up to the time of rental. This is due to
costs incurred by us, including being unable to re-sell your period of stay at such short notice. Re-funded monies will
be sent via bank transfer.
Period before start of stay within which written/email
notification of cancellation is received by Us vs
|Over 4 weeks||Deposit only £100 of agreed Tarif)|
|Under 4 weeks||Deposit and 25% of remaining balance|
|Under 3 weeks||Deposit and 50% of remaining balance|
|Under 2 weeks||Deposit and 85% of remaining balance|
|Under 1 week||Deposit and 100% of remaining balance|
4. Changeover day – Arrival must be after 3:30pm on the agreed date of your holiday. Please depart from the cottage
by 10:30 am on your final day. This is due to any maintenance and cleaning requirements between guests departing /
5. Responsibility - You accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or a member of your party
outside of general wear and tear. As per point 2, any damage deemed to have occurred will be discussed with you at
length before monies are discussed into rectifying the situation. The £100 damages deposit is a security measure on
our part. In the unlikely event that you discover any damaged items on arrival, you agree to inform us immediately so
that you will not be held liable and for us to arrange a repair.
6. Our responsibility - We will provide clean, well kept accommodation for you and your family/friends to have a
lovely holiday in. We accept no responsibility for accidents or death on the property.
7. The Keys – One set will be supplied one week prior to your arrival and are to be posted back through the door of
Kidwelly Cottage on departure. If the keys are lost a flat fee of £75 will be removed from the security deposit for
8. Dogs – We are dog friendly and welcome one dog to share the holiday with you. Please understand that dogs are
not allowed upstairs and should not be left unattended at any time. A child gate is provided between the kitchen and
Living room to create a space for dogs overnight.
9. Respect for the Neighbours, Neighbourhood and surrounding areas – Kidwelly Holiday Cottage is situated in
truly beautiful surroundings. Please respect this and help to keep the area looking it’s best by not dropping litter and
picking up after your dog if you have one. We expect all tenants to be considerate of the neighbours and not damage
the reputation of the owners.
10. Information Pack – Upon arrival you will find a welcome pack inside the cottage packed full of useful Information,
such as instructions on how to use the heating and appliances, location of local amenities inclusive of Shops, Doctors,
Dentists, Vets and a Hospital. The information pack also contains information relating to the local area, historic photos
of Kidwelly and information on the Millennium Coastal Park. There are pamphlets for many local attractions placed in
the living room corner unit / window sill. It is a condition of this contract that you respect the facilities provided.
11. Property Care – A condition of staying with us is that you look after the property as though it were your own.
There is strict no smoking policy within the cottage this includes E cigarettes, a surcharge will be incurred for cleaning
of fabrics if evidence of smoking within the property is found. Smoking is permitted in rear court yard with doors and
windows closed a sand pot is provided for extinguished cigarettes.
12. Number of Guests – The number of guests is strictly limited to those named at time of booking. You shall not
sub-let the cottage or any part thereof. The person booking the property must be over 18 years of age.
13. Security – You agree to ensure that the house is left secure when you go out. In the unlikely event that anything
of yours is stolen from the cottage (locked or unlocked) it will be your own responsibility. If you have misplaced an
item or accidently leave something behind, we will contact you to facilitate it’s return. Equally, please ensure that
vehicles are securely locked and parked without obstruction.
14. Rent Includes – (a) Use of Linen on the three upstairs beds, two tea towels, bath mat and hand towel provided at
no extra charge. (b) crockery, pots, pans, glasses and cutlery; (c) Heating in the form of central heating; (d) use of Wifi
at no extra charge; (e) safety equipment in the form of a fire extinguisher, fire blanket and smoke alarms. The
information pack contains further details on the correct use of cottage appliances. F) utility’s gas, electric.
15. At Kidwelly cottage – Accommodation: Upstairs are two bedrooms, bedroom one has a double bed, bedroom
two has a triple sleeping bunkbed (double under a single) and a pull-out sofa bed in the Livingroom. The top bunk is
not suitable for children under the age of 6. Please take extra care on the stairs as they are steep and uneven due to
the age of the cottage. Please be mindful that the cottage has various floors and steps at different depths as you
negotiate your way around the cottage.
Telephone: There is limited mobile phone signal at Kidwelly Cottage as the cottage walls are two foot thick granite
stone. A land line telephone is connected to the cottage for emergency use. Should the telephone be used to make
personal calls the cost of this will be deducted from your security deposit.
Wood burner – you are welcome to use our traditional wood burner during your stay. The cottage is not to be left while
wood burner is in use, only un treated wood is to be burnt, the door should remain securely closed at all times, a fire
guard is provided under the stairs should you wish to use it (please take extra care with children and pets around the
fire when lit). Only newspaper is used to wipe the glass clean Please ensure you follow the lighting instructions
provided at the cottage. (to prevent damage and premature wear)
Extra charges – Should you wish to be supplied with bath towels this should be arrange at time of booking. If we can
provide towels for your stay there is an additional charge of £25 added to your invoice. If you wish to have linen
provided for the sofa bed there is an additional £35 charge. Please be aware although we can accommodate up to 7
sleeping guests the cottage is comfortable for 4/5 adult guests.
16. Cancellation by us – Your booking is accepted on the understanding that the Cottage will be available for you on
the date agreed with us. Should this not be possible due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our reasonable control,
we cannot guarantee to provide alternative accommodation. In this case, the rental you have paid will be returned to
you in full (inclusive of the initial deposit).
17. Departure: on Leaving the cottage we would ask you to please make sure the house is secure, lights turned off,
taps/shower off and heating set to 10 degrees and left in a tidy condition.
Any questions regarding the T&Cs please ask.