What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use two kinds of data: personal and behavioural. Personal data is any information you provide that enables you to get involved with KidwellyCottage.com. Any correspondence you send electronically may be retained, such as the content of your email messages, your email address and our response.
We may also retain any information you upload to our websites, such as content and pictures.
Behavioural data relates to information about your visit to, and any actions on, this website. This includes your IP address, referrer, length of visit and number of page views. This information is essential for the website to work correctly and allows us to improve the performance and functionality of the site.
We only collect the information that we need to fulfil the purposes set out at the time of collection. You can update this information at any time.
How will we use your data?
The information you provide may be used to:
- Keep you up to date with KidwellyCottage.com activities, opportunities and special invitations.
- Offer you the opportunity to engage in local activities.
- Respond to your queries; Process your booking application.
- Operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of this website.
- Your data will be stored in our database for up to 2 years and is used for legitimate business purposes.
- Your information can be deleted on request.
If you have any queries about how we use your data please email – [email protected]
Kidwelly Cottage - We collect and process data for the sole reason of marketing and taking holiday bookings. We do not sell any data but do use the below third party suppliers.
Third Party Data Processors:
- Broadband & Phone - This service is provided by TalkTalk. (please see their policy)
- Cloud Flare - Used for DNS protection services on our website.
- Google Suite / Analytics - Emails from website, Email processor, Calendar for dates of stays and user usage.
Mailchimp - When signing up for emails a user will be agreeing to the use of their name and email in order to receive advertising from Kidwelly Cottage. (please see their policy)
- Mailgun - This is used for all transactional emails.
- Microsoft office - Used for creating spreadsheets and documents for booking forms and advertising.
- Stripe - For some payments we use Stripe who utilise Names, Addresses, and Credit card details for payment processing. (please see their policy)
- Facebook - By using this website (Kidwellycottage.com) you are agreeing to us using Facebook pixels for advertising purposes. More information can be found here . (please see their policy)
- HotJar - Used to improve end to end user experience by tracking website usage. (please see their policy)
- Preston.ie - Provide our website hosting and services. HTTP Headers including IP addresses, information about the web browser, page location, document, referrer and person using the website.
- Paypal - For some payments we use Paypal who utilise Names, Addresses, and Credit card details for payment processing. (please see their policy)
- Royal Mail - These services are used to correspondence to our guests in the form of information and welcome packs. (always posted recorded)
You may opt out from receiving such information at any time.
The transmission of information via the internet is considered not completely secure. We deploy HTTPS certificates provided by LetsEncrypt to secure your connection and to our data providers.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Cookies are small text files placed on your device when you visit our website. They allow us to make the website easier to use, to provide you with a more personalised experience, to guard against malicious activities and to ensure any login feature functions correctly. They do not collect personal information about you.
You can remove or block cookies by changing the settings in your browser, but the functionality of the website may be adversely affected.
You have the ability to terminate email correspondence from us at any time. You will either be given the chance to opt-in to direct mailing when you disclose your email address to us, or you can simply reply to our email, typing ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line.
If you feel concerned about the cookies that are sent between our computers and yours, you may, through your browser, either choose to reject them automatically or have your computer prompt you before accepting them.
The website may contain links to other sites which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. The operators of these sites may collect information from you that will be used by them in accordance with their policy, which may differ from ours.
Changes to this Policy
This policy replaces all previous versions and is correct as of Feb 1, 2019. We reserve the right to change the policy at any time. Any changes to this policy will be updated here.
Last Updated: Feb 11, 2019